Sunday, August 22, 2010

first haircut

It seems like it was so long ago, but it hasn't even been 6 months since my stem cell transplant. Sometimes I feel like the last year has been a big dream, then I go off to my next dr appointment and realize it is real. Yesterday, I had a milestone day. I went to the barber for the first time in over a year. You see when I got cancer I quit getting hair cuts knowing that one day the drugs would cause my hair to fall out and indeed it did in March of this year. The hair cut made me feel like we really were kicking butt. Even though I continue to take maintenance meds, there are still now signs of cancer and I have hair.

I also wondered what it was like when I went to the barber the first time as a little kid, which caused me to start thinking of Dr Suess. Weird huh! Anyway if you start hearing me spout Suess quotes blame the haircut.

Healing is going well and I am feeling great. My loving wife and caregiver Chrystal is getting some relief from my demands, but she still loves me and watches me to be sure I don't try to sneak anything by her or the Dr.

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" Dr Suess

No comments:

Post a Comment