Friday, February 12, 2010

Days 2, 3 and other stuff

Days 2 and 3 were rather uneventful. more tests more meetings. Starting to feel a lot like being at the office. On Thursday, I had an EKG the an Arrival Meeting with the Gold Team Attending Dr. we went through all the details of how the transplant will go and how the tests will be used to determine the plan when we meet again after the results come in. Because of the possibility that the chemo could cause my kidneys to not work as well again he is recommending that I stay on dialysis until after the transplant. I see a UW kidney dr in the near future and we will talk more.

To cap off the day Thursday we met with the finance office. Woo Hoo! I guess they need to know who's paying the $250,000! The answer is not me! Thank God that the legislature in 2003 make Myeloma a presumptive occupational cancer for firefighters and my claim was finally approved. So for those of you who care about health care the cost of my cancer will be over $500,000 when the transplant is complete. How do people get well when they are not as fortunate as me?

Today started early with a trip to UW Hospital for a Echo cardiogram, then back to SCCA for a chest x-ray and dental x-ray. I am looking forward to a slow weekend, only 4 hrs dialysis tomorrow and then a couple days of rest. I hope I get a chance to see my granddaughters.

We also made a stop at the family resource enter and picked up a few books to share with friends and family.

Next week starts with the big important test a bi lateral bone marrow biopsy. yep that's right a needle in both cheeks. I will check in early so I can get high before the do the thing then come home and rest.

Chrystal continues to stay strong and is always there waiting and smiling when i come out of a room. she gives me a big hug and we head to the next appointment.

God Bless you all and thanks again for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment